12.14.2009

Family

December 13

Today was all about family (unfortunately Jason had to work).

It was the children's Christmas program at church. Michayla, Abigail and Ash were in it.

Here's the best picture I could get of my girls before rushing out of the house.

The program was really good this year! I teared up multiple times during the program, one in paticular was when Michayla shared her testimony. Does the Lord whisper to you sometimes and let you in on why you were created, how he has used you ... I heard him on Sunday and if my only purpose here on Earth was to help bring these 2 beautiful girls (and I pray for the day Ash comes to know him as her savior) to Christ I am eternally grateful that he worked through me and allowed me to have a part in it.

I am hoping both will be baptized together next month, more detail to come. Oh how my heart is singing right now!

After lunch, our whole family went out to help meet the need of another family. I thought it was important to take the kids out and have them be a part in our shopping and giving. It's something I hope they remember and we do together, as a family, for many Christmases to come.

I am so thankful to be so close to my family, what a blessing they are.

Christmas Color: Orange (Honey)
Scripture Reading: Mark 1:4-8

Did you read the verses? Guess what John the baptist is doing in these verses? Baptizing!

3 comments:

andrea said...

Kelly told me all about your Christmas program, sounds like it was a really good one!

Great pictures of you and your beautiful family! You parents look great! It's been a real long time since I've seen then.

Kelly said...

I have some more pictures for you! And guess what? Garrett did talk to Pastor Dave - finally! - and he will be joining Abigail next month too! What a great day!
I loved Michayla's testimony (and Garrett's too of course!)I even got a little teary - shocker.

andrea said...

Umm...just wondering what the heck you're up to this week! Must be something super fantastic seeing that you're too excited to ignore your poor blog. I'm expecting something real good when you finally decide to come back.