Add to the Collection.
(I figure this could change from year to year, a new book, an ornament, a decoration)
Today's advent gift was a new book, to add to our collection.
Abigail actually came home early from school. She has a low grade fever and is complaining of a sore throat (I'm praying that it doesn't turn into croup). So, she missed her class party and "very fun day" as Mrs Brilz had explained it. She was bummed, but I think got over it quickly. We had a low key day here at the house, watching movies, coloring, fighting (I hope the next 2 weeks aren't full of this) and reading.
With Abigail home, we read a few of our Christmas books. We finally finished her Junie B Jones book, read our new book, Snow Place Like Home (that I picked up at Hallmark for free, gotta love coupons), and Christmas Day in the Morning, that book always makes me cry. It was nice to cuddle up on the couch with my two girls.
I thought I'd also share pictures of some of the other things that have been added to the Christmas decorations this year.

I printed out the LO I did last year of the girls on a 8x10 canvas and then framed it. I got a great deal on both, the frame was on clearance at Kohls, I only paid $1.87, and there was an internet deal for three 8x10 canvas pictures for only $8.99 (that included shipping). So my total for this cute, memory filled decoration was under $5.

Every year I buy the girls an ornament, this year I decided to get an ornament to remember our family trip to Disneyland. What other ornament do you think we should get? There was another big event in our home this year that we should mark with an ornament. Any guesses?

Isn't my new fairy Santa handsome. This was the gift my mom gave me on Thanksgiving. I think he looks great in the kitchen, next to our Santa plate.
What new "thing" have you added to the collection this year?
Christmas Color: Pink (Heart)
Scripture Reading: John 3:16
We didn't actually have to read this verse, the girls recited it for me. So precious to listen to.
The book said, when you give a present to a loved one, share this gift as well, John 3:16. Isn't that a great idea! I'm thinking maybe next year the girls can write this verse out and we'll use it as a gift tag, wouldn't that be cute.
4 comments:
I know I know...and we haven't even talked about it. You need to go to Cabelas and buy an ornament for your Jakers!
Wrong Melissa! She is giving the girls a new sister for Christmas! :)
I didn't think I've added too many new things this year but now that I'm actually thinking about it, I made that ornament wreath, we gave the boys the Little People Nativity set, I also got that Hallmark book which is the third in the collection I think so that was actually adding to a collection. :) Oh and we got the same exact Disney ornament for our family one and the boys got their new Mickey ones but you already know all that. So I guess I did add a lot this year! Especially since I didn't list them all! :)
I know nothing about this new sister....I guess I need to start talking to her more!
Very fun post! I love your new additions. I think this year I added a new wooden sign that says, "Merry Christmas" for our mantle; I made the ornament wreath (which fell and now need repaired); I made a table runner and I think that is it. I do love year to year pulling out everything and smiling at the memories of making/purchasing them.
We got in on that canvas deal too ... I didn't even think of a scrapbook layout, that is too cute!
Post a Comment