8.24.2010

Once A Year

Do you have a saying that you heard as a kid (which drove you crazy) and now you say it all the time to your kids?

I do.

When the girls say, "that's not fair!"

I say, "life's not fair, the fair only comes around once a year."

Thanks for that one dad. It's so true. And well, since the fair does only come around once a year and because I have such fond memories of it from my childhood, I couldn't wait to take the girls.

It was a great 8+ hours there.


















I'm so proud of Abigail for doing all the big rides with her daddy.
I'm so proud of Ash for finally trying the bigger rides (and of course she loved them!).
I'm so proud of Jason for doing all the rides with his girls and not even feeling like throwing up.
I'm so proud of me for caring around a backpack, camera and little girl most of the day.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh the fair. I love the fair. We decided to skip it this year. We just could not do one more thing this summer. So far the kids haven't really noticed.
It looks like you guys had a great time! Fun pictures!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

I think I have a love/hate with the fair :). So much I love, several things I really don't love ... the price being the biggest one. We're skipping this year too, which will make next year even sweeter hopefully.

Great pictures! I'm glad you're enjoying your last days of summer in a big way!

Melissa said...

Your pictures are SO good!
Looks like you had a great family day and thanks to you I now know your saying by heart and have heard it used many times by you!

Princess Jessie Pants said...

I love the fair too!! Our fair isn't as fun (in my opinion) as your fair. :) Loved the pictures - you guys are such an adorable family. xoox