8.02.2010

The Good Stuff

(I know, this post could really use some pictures)

The girls are so happy over their first pair of 'skinny jeans' ... but who wouldn't be, they're super cute.

Who needs flip flops, the girls are now wearing their jelly sandals all the time.

The other night I was talking to J about what he could do for dinner (since I was out shopping with my mom and wouldn't be home to make anything) and Abigail popped in and said, "mom, you don't have to tell men that, men know everything."

So while I was at the Junk yard in OR, I found the book, Arthur's Honey Bear, and it immediately took me back to my childhood. I loved that book, read it a bazillion times and I couldn't wait to have my girls read it. After I got it I thought, I'm sure my mom still has this book. A little note about my mom, she's kept everything and I mean everything from our childhood. I've know this. The girls play with my cabbage patch kids at her house, along with the stroller and highchair I used with my babies. They play with the tea set and pretend food we had. They have even colored in the same coloring books I had as a kid (that one surprised me, she kept our coloring books!). I had already seen all our Bernstein Books but I knew there had to be a box up in the attic, filled with more books. Yep, I was right. I climbed up there and found a box of books and in it was Arthur's Honey Bear and many more that I remember, like all our Serendipity books. It was like Christmas or hitting the Jack pot ... I am thrilled! Thanks mom for saving all those special things from our childhood, I love being able to share it with my girls. (Seeing all that my mom saved has really made me think about what items/toys I will save for my girl's kids.)

Strawberries and nutella, a perfect pair.

Our very own blueberry bush.

Watching the kids (Abigail, Ash, Luke and Ryan) run through the sprinklers at the school.

Seeing the excitement through huge grins when at 10:30 in the morning I said, "let's go to the pool!"

Tie-dye shirts.

Getting together will friends for a play date.

Hitting the Kohls clearance sale.

Celebrating J's 39th birthday.

Candy being thrown to you at the Kuna Days Parade.

Jason having a weekend off.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I should of focused on more of the good stuff today and then maybe my day would of turned out a little better. I still want to see those books and maybe you could still update it with pictures at a later time. I want to see the girls in their skinny jeans striking a pose.

Unknown said...

Wow ... how do I even comment on all of that except to say it makes me smile to read all of those happies :).

I love that your mom kept all of that ... how very special for you and your girls.

And skinny jeans?!? On your girls?!? GAH!! I bet it's too stinkin' cute! Can't wait to see them ;).

Happy Weekend!