Wednesday night Ash went to the boy's house for her very first friend sleepover and Cody came to ours for one.
Originally it was just going to be Ash going over for a sleepover since her and Luke came up with this great idea. I talked to Abigail and told her that she wasn't going to go. Abigail was sad but I explained that she goes and has sleepovers all the time and doesn't take Ash with her so it was okay that she stay home. Abigail then said, "so, is this how Ash feels when I leave." But, no worries, this story has a happy ending. On the way to the boy's house, Abigail said, "I have a great idea, I'll just have Cody come spend the night at our house." What a thinker!
Abigail told Cody that if she was still sleeping when he woke up that he could just hit her with a pillow to wake her. Cody told me he just didn't think he could do that.
He also told me he got up a few time in the middle of the night to check the clock (in my room) for the time.
It was cute listening to Abigail get so excited over the games they were playing on Lego.com. I know Cody was thrilled to be introducing Abigail to one of his favorite sites.

I made pancakes for breakfast. Abigail asked for strawberry jam on hers but then wanted to scrape it off for syrup when she heard that's what Cody wanted.
I could hear Ash playing in the backyard with Luke and Ryan while I was getting ready for the day.
All the kids had a great time, no one wanted the sleepover to end.
We ate mac&cheese and cantaloupe for lunch.
I asked the girls if they wanted to go do something fun today, their answer was, of course, yes. So, I took the girls to see Ramona and Beezus. It was an adorable girl movie! I loved it, we all did!
I couldn't believe my eyes ... the theater didn't have any chocolate. What is that about? No kit kat, no snickers, no m&ms, nada. So disappointing.
Ash dumped her popcorn on the floor, Abigail ate all hers right away and Michayla had some left over that she took home.
It was cute seeing Ash cover eyes every time they kissed in the movie.
On the way home I realized I didn't hand out the starbursts I had in my purse.
We ate our first big tomato from the garden with dinner tonight. Delicious.
My grandparents came to town and found a house they both like and want to put an offer in on it.
Jason called and said his visit went well today. I'm so proud of him, he works hard. I appreciate all he does. I probably don't tell him that enough.
J came home with treats for everyone, I got a kit kat. Again, he's the best!
What another great summer day.
3 comments:
I can't believe Cody was sneaking into your room multiple times in the middle of the night to check the clock! It sounds like a good day all together. No chocolate, how did you ever survive?
I love all your thoughts...so cute!
I love the relationship you and Melissa and your kids have that's very special!
Keep enjoying these summer days!
Very sweet post ... I like all the thoughts too. I often feel so overwhelmed trying to write well or write thinking about the future looking back, but really I just need to get it down and call it good. I need to remind myself that I would LOVE any snippets my mom would have written about her days 'then' to read 'now.'
Your girls will have such fun looking back on this :).
Happy last of summer days to you!!
Post a Comment