Aren't sugar cookies the best? Especially, thick, soft, frosted sugar cookies with sprinkles. They're absolutely heavenly in my book. I love making them for any occasion, so to mark another Halloween Melissa and I made some and let 6 goofy kids decorate them.
(side note: it was snowing when I took this picture)
First, we had to feed those goofy kids lunch. To counter act the sugar overload they were going to be on later, we feed them a nutritious lunch - mummy dogs, mac & cheese and pirate veggies. Ha!
They could hardly wait for the announcement that it was cookie decorating time. We passed out 2 cookies, 4 different colors of frosting, sprinkles, chocolate chips and candy corn to each kid and told them to make one really good for Jason to judge.
Here's the awards they received
Most Festive - Ryan
Most Festive - Ryan
Most Gross - Ashlynn
Most Classic - Kennedy
Most Classic - Kennedy
The Battiest - Abigail
The Most Sugarful - Luke
And The Happy Pumpkin Award went to - Cody
To end their fun together Melissa surprised the kids with 3D chalk. That kept them busy while we finished decorating the other 40 some cookies and cleaned up the mess left behind from our afternoon of fun.
I hope if you asked the kids about their day they'd say, "it was one sweet day!"




5 comments:
Mmmm. Big, soft heavily frosted sugar cookies are my favorite!! I only make them 3 times a year (Valentine's day, Halloween and Christmas) because I love them too much.
How many can you eat in a day?
It sounds like you guys had a great day off today! Happy Halloween!
We're decorating cookies today. (It was supposed to happen yesterday but didn't because yesterday wasn't very good) I was wondering if I overdo it with the decorating sugar cookies thing but the kids love doing it and we all love eating them. So I say we can't do it enough. Along those same lines, I'm already planning our Christmas party! It'll be here SOON!
Too bad all my sugar cookies are gone. The kids loved it and so did I!
How fun!!
Fun!! But a little mad you didn't invite us :P
Post a Comment