
Ashlynn, aka go-go dancer, and I went to Abigail's school for her costume parade and party. The kids looked so adorable all dressed up. Here's Abigail with her friends, Kennedy and Jaclyn. I just have to say, I think Abigail is stinkin' cute as a pirate.
After the classes paraded up and down the hall, it was time for the class party. Last week, the kids had all brought in pumpkins for pumpkin math. (Abigail's was the smallest and she reminds me of that everyday. They did a graph of all the pumpkins weights and Abigail's was under a pound.) At their party they got to decorate their pumpkins to take back home, decorated a sugar cookie, make a spider and play bingo. There was even enough of everything that Ash got to participate and go to all the stations with Abigail.
While we were cleaning up, their reading buddies, a 5th grade class, all came in to see the kids dressed up. I love that the first graders have older friends/reading buddies that take a part in their learning. Abigail talks about her reading buddy, Riley, all the time. I was happy to meet her. Abigail looks up to this big kid and is excited when she gets to see her. I also think it's important that these older kids are there to help with the younger ones, it impresses an importance of community among the kids. I am a big fan of the program. With two classes now all in the same room, at the end of the day, with kids trying to gather all their stuff to take home, it was very chaotic, to say the least.
Mrs Brilz was able to get them all back in order and out the door in an orderly fashion. Teachers are truly amazing.
Tomorrow, we have another *sweet* day planned. Halloween sugar cookies, purple and orange frosting, sprinkles galore ... I can't wait.
3 comments:
Argh Matey she does make a might cute pirate!
She does look super cute!! Sounds like a fun day!
She is the most adorable pirate ... love it! But where is that go-go dancer?!?!
Post a Comment