Happy New Year!
The girls and I rang in the new year watching Little House on the Prairie. We're in season 8 now, it's the years when Mrs Olsen adopts a daughter, Nancy, and she's just like Nellie and Laura is all grown up and having children.
Jason had New Year's day off, we went to church and out for lunch and then came home to hang out together and enjoy the last day of Christmas break.
One of my new year resolutions is to eat more salad. I want to have a green salad at more of our dinners, there are just so many more nutrients in your vegetables when you don't cook them. So, guess what we had with dinner last night? ;o)
I saw this on pinterest the other day
(source)
and it convicted me.
Am I giving thanks always? for all things?
I ran across this post and loved the idea but then more recently I saw her talk about this app and liked the idea of that too!
Basically, I've decided it's a great year to keep track of and record one of the gifts I receive each day. I hope that in doing this it will open my eyes to the many blessing the Lord gives me and how much I have to be thankful for.
1 Thes 5:18
give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus
I have to share what Abigail told me, she said one of her New Year resolutions is to be nicer to her sister, how sweet is that.
And Ash told me last night that she wants to be baptized.
It's going to be a great 2012!

2 comments:
a great ending to your year indeed and I wish your family all the best for 2012.
Did you read One Thousand Gifts last year? It is such a great reminder to keep your heart & mind focused on Him and giving thanks. I realized that if I do anything EXCEPT give Him thanks for this life He has given me each day, then I am telling Him that it is not enough or denying that He knows exactly what I need.
I received this book, http://www.amazon.com/Gratitude-Journal-Catherine-Price/dp/081186720X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325729191&sr=8-1, last year. It's great for recording thanks at the end of the day :).
Happy Day!
Post a Comment