This morning, Ash started singing ...
Who's the king of the jungle?
Who's the king of the sea?
Who's the king of the universe?
and who's the king of me?
His name is J-E-S-U-S
Jesus!
He's the King of the jungle
He's the King of the sea
He's the King of the universe
and He's the King of me.
She's been singing this song for a couple of weeks now, she says it's her favorite.
But this time after she sings it, I listen to a prompting in my heart and ask her if she wants to pray and make Jesus the King of her life and she responds with a very excitedly yes.
So we pray together and Ash thanks God for sending his son to die on the cross for her sins, she asks Him to wash away her sin and make her heart white and then she asks him to live with her in her heart forever.
When she finished she looked at me and I was a mess, a mess of joyful tears ran down my face. I told her that she'd always have Jesus to help her and how happy I was that we would be in heaven together and then we named those we know will be there with us too.
(if you ask her about it, she does a pretty funny reenactment of her mother crying. ha)
We hug and then start calling family to tell them the good news.
I finally decide to take a shower and get ready for the day.
I stand in the shower and praise God.
(I do a lot of praying in the shower)
I thank him for opening her eyes.
I thank God for filling her heart with songs of praise.
And I thank Him for her child like faith.
Then I loose it. I start sobbing.
I just remembered - that recently I started asking and praying that the Lord would bring someone into my life, or make me aware of an opportunity where I could share the gospel.
Thank you Lord!
We love you Ashlynn Faith. There is no greater gift than the gift of receiving Christ as your Savior. We look forward to watching you grow in your relationship with Him and to witnessing the work He will do through you for His glory.
6 comments:
What a happy day and no better gift to receive. I'm going to ask her for the reenactment!
Good news indeed! I'm a teary mess for you! What a blessing to guide our children through this messy world and to teach them about the love and grace of our Lord!
Awe man that was awesome! Good job being sensitive to the prompting of the H.S.! So very very exciting!
Awe man that was awesome! Good job being sensitive to the prompting of the H.S.! So very very exciting!
Ahhhh! LOVE this! I teared up too & I've never even met her. :) Praising with you!!
xoxo
Hello!! Just reading this and singing His praises. Welcome into this wonderful family Ashlynn. I agree, there is nothing that has filled my heart with joy and thanksgiving as when E asked Jesus to be his Savior.
Shine your light Ash!!
Post a Comment