10.25.2010

I've been saying

All summer I've been saying to Ash that she should try riding Abigail's old bike, but I knew she just didn't feel as comfortable on it as she did her little bike (which blew a tire).  And then, Thursday night, after some prompting from her sister, she finally decided to give it another try.  Sure enough, she did great on the bigger bike, starting and stopping all on her own and loving the new found freedom of being a big kid and able to ride around the block.  Now, all she wants to do is go out and ride bikes. Of course this happens right when the nice weather disappears.

 (the girls lined up the cones and practiced weaving in and out of them)

We've lived in our house for 4 years already and every fall I've been saying, "we need to plant tulips."  And every spring I jealously look at the neighbors yards with their blooming sings of new life and kick myself for not doing it.  Well, we finally planted some.  Last week I asked J to pick up a few things at Costco for me (a bonus to working right next to one) and he brought home a little surprise for me.  Tulips.  90 tulip bulbs to be exact!  Thanks J!  I can't wait for spring!

I've been saying at every Saturday soccer game how nice the weather's been and how great it's been not sitting their freezing while we watch, like it was during the spring season.  But, this past Saturday was a whole different story. We were all (Annie, Michayla, Ash and I) bundled up in our winter coats, blankets draped over us, and hats on to keep warm.  I am thankful, we made it pretty far in the season, thanks for holding out as long as you did nice weather.

Last year Melissa forwarded a pumpkin cookie recipe to me and I've been saying I should make those.  Well, Sunday the girls and I decided to do it.

When the leaves on our trees changed colors I was saying I needed to get a picture.  I'm so glad I finally got out there and took one on Friday because by Sunday (due to all the rain) most of the leaves had fallen off.


What have you been saying lately?

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I've been saying, I need new carpet, I need to work on a video, I need to finish my blurb book, I need to clean my house, I need go to bed earlier, I need to print out pictures, I need to do a lot of things so I guess I should get started. I am going to be very jealous this spring when you have pretty flowers! Yeah for Ashy!

summer said...

I've been saying I need to BLOG! whew it's been a long time!

Kelly said...

I don't even want to start the list of the things I've been saying! It would be long! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one though :)
Way to go Ash! Riding with the big kids!