2.01.2010

Weekend Re-Cap

Friday
Our weekend started early, since Jason had Friday off. J and I spent the day running errands.

Somehow I was able to talk the family into celebrating my birthday a day early. We ordered Chinese, opened presents and watched a movie together. It was a perfect evening, hanging out with the people I love the most. Thanks J and girls!

Saturday
Birthday day. I received many nice phone calls and messages on FB, thanks everyone!

The girls and I ran to Hobby Lobby to get a few things to make some Valentine decorations for the house. Last week I walked into Kelly's house (which was cutely decorated for V-day) and realized we don't have any. Then I thought, we should have some. We're going to make felt hearts, I'm planning to do a 'heart attack', and I've seen some other cute ideas I might end up doing too. We also picked up some paper for Abigail, she's going to make her valentines this year.

We helped Luke celebrate his 6th birthday.


Abigail got her live ants in the mail for her ant hill. (Our new thing to do around here is eat breakfast and watch the ants at work.)


Michayla came over and spent the night.

I was happy to see it snowing. (I really need to watch the news more, I had no idea it was even in the forecast.)

Sunday
It snowed all morning.

The girls and I started making felt hearts. It was fun to sit down and teach them how to tread the needle and stitch. When we got 5 of them done we hung them off the dinning room light. I love it!


We played in the snow and built a snowman, two actually. Ash built her own and Michayla and Abigail made one.




I met my sister and mom at the mall. We ran into the sweetest baby while shopping! It brought back memories of shopping with the girls when they were little, man where those days nice. These days shopping with a 6 and 4 year is a total workout. ;o)

Jason ordered pizza, since (oops) we were gone a little longer than I thought, and we ended the weekend with a quiet night at home.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds just about perfect! Your hearts are cute! I just told Carson tonight that we're going to make some more felt hearts tomorrow. We'll see how long he lasts.

Melissa said...

I love love love your hearts....
Thanks for spending your birthday with us and the wild thing. I love Ash's snowman, it looks perfect!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Yea for birthdays ... and a weekend birthday no less, those are extra fun! I'm glad you could drag out the celebrating!

We missed you Saturday, but I'm glad to hear you ran into the Bethany & Sam on Sunday :).

Happy Week!