1.25.2010

Rejoice

What a day of rejoicing! we had yesterday.

We (all) are so proud of Abigail and Michayla and their decision to identify themselves with Christ, to let everyone know that they are believers, to show us the picture of their salvation through baptism, and to say that they want to obey the Lord.



That's worth rejoicing! And so, Sunday was a day of celebrating these two beautiful children of God on the day of their baptism.

Here's a few highlights:
  • The Hart family got in late Saturday night, the cousins were so thrilled to be together that they woke up at 4:30am and didn't fall back to sleep.
  • The day was absolutely beautiful, a sunny winter day.
  • The girls loved that their cousins got to church with them.
  • Cami and Abigail were constantly hugging each other.
  • My family came over for lunch, cake and presents. We enjoyed our time together as a family, knowing that we were celebrating a very special day in the girls life.
  • Many, many, many gumballs were eaten.
  • Dress up, playing outside, riding the 4wheeler and I'm sure jumping on the blow up mattress were a few of the things the cousins did together.
Then, it was time for the baptism. I can't express what that moment was like. I was overjoyed. Just writing about it brings tears to my eyes.

When my girls were born, my prayer for them was that they would come to know the Lord at a young age, love and serve him and bring him glory and honor. I know Abigail loves the Lord, wants to please him in all that she does and I am thrilled to see her relationship with him. Because as a mother, I know that she is going to need more than I can give her to get through this life, she needs Jesus ... he loves her more than I do, he can protect her better than I can, he will give her more wisdom than I could and he will guide her through life with purpose and grace. Knowing she has that hope, power and peace through believing in Jesus as her personal savior, comforts and fills this moms heart with joy.

And now, I see her growing in faith, listening to his word and wanting to be obedient to his commands ... this make her family rejoice!

3 John vs 4
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

Here's a few pictures from our wonderful weekend.


This morning these 2 had the sweetest conversation about baptism. I think it wont be long and we'll be headed to OR for this little girls baptism.

Thank you to all those who came to share in the joyous baptism of our daughter!

6 comments:

Priscilla said...

It was truly a wonderful time of rejoicing watching all those precious children, teenager, and adult follow the Lord in obedience to His Word. What a wonderful God we serve - isn't it comforting to know that we can trust God to care for our girls? He truly loves them much more than we could even imagine and knows what is best for them. I am praying for you today as you provide a godly example and for the girls that they will continue to follow the Lord throughout their lives!

summer said...

Thanks for making me cry! I love Abigail, she's got a special place in my heart. I'm so happy for the both of you! love and hugs!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Amanda, my heart is smiling :). This is just the sweetest post, straight from your heart that will be treasure to both you and Abigail in coming years. What a wonderful thing to document and celebrate!

Singing praises!

Melissa said...

It was a wonderful day. You have some great pictures to remember that day by and how great that you had so many family members around to share in the day.

andrea said...

Such a special weekend! Abigail was totally cracking me up at the baptism. (btw, did Kelly ever email you those pictures?)

Serena said...

I loved what you said about how Abigail will need more than you can ever provide (love, protection, wisdom, purpose)...she needs Jesus! SO TRUE. I need to remember that everyday when I feel overwhelmed as a mom. I can't do it all - ONLY HE CAN!!! Great post. We are so proud of Abigail too.