8.24.2009

it really hit me

As I walked through the shoe department at Kohl's trying to find Abigail some tennis shoes...it really hit me, Abigail is starting 1st grade in a couple of days. What am I going to do?

As I looked through the dollar spot at Target and grabbed some sticky notes for sweet little messages I'll send in her lunch...it really hit me, on Wednesday we wont be having lunch together.

As I tried on the matching bracelet (a great idea I got from Kelly) that I got for us to wear those first few days apart, to remind the other that they are being thought of...it really hit me, I'm sure going to miss that girl.

When I've look at her these last few days at home...it's been really hitting me, I'm not going to know every conversation she's having, I'm not going to see if she gets hurt, I'm not going to be there to encourage her to do her best and I'm not going to be able to hold her hand when she's unsure.

Ever since it really hit me, I've been very teary eyed. I know she'll be fine, I know she's going to have fun and enjoy 1st grade but it's going to take me a while to get use to not having this sweet kid around all day. I've been spoiled by the summer months, where I've had her all to myself.

As I send her off tomorrow into a world without me close by, I do know that the Lord is with her everywhere she goes and that brings me great peace.
John 14:17b
...But you will know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.



I love you Abigail!

6 comments:

Bethany said...

Aw man, now you've got me teary-eyed. What a sweet post!

Melissa said...

It will be an adjustment and it's going to take some time but you will get through it. She is a sweet girl and you gave her the tools she needs to make it through the day, now we just need to come up with something to keep you busy. Maybe you should start painting that room?

Kelly said...

Oh Amanda! It's so hard isn't it? I'll be praying for you tomorrow. And Ash too. And Abigail of course. :)
You will still be there with her, reminding her to do her best and all the other things you mentioned. You've spent the last 6 years loving her at home and she'll take that with her. Like you said the Lord will also be with her and He loves her even more than you do. She'll be okay. :)
If you and Ashlynn want to come over and play tomorrow to ease into the transition a bit just give me a call! :)

andrea said...

We are here to play too! A transition it is. Something I am still trying to get used to after 2weeks. That verse you mentioned is a great one to keep in mind. I may have to print that off and hang it on the fridge.

I'll be thinking about and praying for you all tomorrow! Come on over if you want to, we'll be here!

summer said...

I'm all crying now too....thanks a lot! UGH yes it's an adjustment and it will go well, I'm so glad we all appreciate our time with our kiddos at home. I too am going to have to print that verse off! Thanks for sharing it. Praying for you!

Stac said...

You're both so sweet. I hope it's a great year for both of you. HUGS!