Before our Blog
I sometimes go back and look at baby pictures of the girls or old pictures of family events and think, sure wish I'd had a blog back then.
When the girls were babies I'd write a little in their journals and comment on what stage they were in, but I didn't capture the day to day stuff like I could of, if only I had a blog back then.
But I didn't.
What I did have was a camera and there are plenty of cute pictures that capture precious moments and fun stages of the girls. I've decided to post one every once in awhile and share a little bit about it.
Date: June 2004
Abigail was just over a year. Just look at her, she always had that smile on her face. What a happy baby indeed.
When I look at this picture I think of us going and buying that furniture. I remember that bunny lamp that my mom made for her. It unfortunately took a dive off the dresser one day and broke it's ear. When I see the flowers I remember Jason would often come home with flowers for Abigail and I. I'd place them in her room in a little Easter basket I had sitting there. Gee, I think I almost forgot that until just now. What else? That cute brown bear was made at build-a-bear before Abigail was born by Sami. I think we named the bear Sam and it's still in Abigail's room today. I believe those pj's she's wearing are hand-me-downs from Amy. I also loved those burp cloths I see on the floor, with Abigail you always had to have one around. The girls now use them when they play with their baby dolls. I see her stick straight, baby hair and wonder when exactly that went away. Today, she's got the fullest head of hair with a gentle curl in it.
Oh, that was fun. A little walk back to a very sweet time in my life...before our blog.

5 comments:
Can't wait to see more BOB's....so much memory in just one picture! Great idea you had.
YES! that was wonderful and I love your BOB post! So fun for me to see a pic of Abigail when she was little!
Which reminds me...I can't decide if we should go back to MFB for Awana's or not. I enjoyed having Abigail last year...decisions decisions. It's either there or Calvary.
And yes when I was a kid I loved the fair too and showed animals the whole week etc. (which is why I tolerate it now for my kids) (however, I wish they could experience the animal showing part).
What a great idea! I loved it! I also regret how horrid I have been about writing in the boys journals lately - okay, Graham doesn't even have one so I guess I can't exactly say lately. Good thing his whole life has been blogged huh? :) I love this idea!
What a great idea! Look at that little girl! Brings back so many memories for me too. What a fun thing to experience the beginning of motherhood right by your side! I so wish I had a blog back in the earlier years of my kiddos. Thankful I have it scrapbooked though. Love the idea of BOB, can't wait to see more!
Oh how fun! I really enjoyed the picture and the little descriptions.
Post a Comment