5.01.2012

Becoming a SAHM, part 1

Where to begin, well I guess the best place to start would be from the time I became a mom.

J and I were so excited to find out we were pregnant.  We had been trying to get pregnant for about 6 months and every month it was all I could think about.  I had always dreamed of being a stay at home mom but at this point I had been working at the hospital for 6 years.  I loved my job and the people I worked with.  I had worked hard and was making pretty good money for someone who hadn't completed college.

When I first started at the hospital I worked on Telemetry as a CNA.  Soon I became a Unit Clerk.  And then when I started looking for a change I was asked to take a job as my current managers secretary.  She managed 3 units, Tele, CCU and CVICU.  I had no idea how to be someones secretary but I loved the thought of Monday through Friday, my own office and something new.

It was such a great job, I loved going to work.
I loved my boss. I loved that I got to see all my friends. I loved organizing, scheduling meetings, taking on special projects, building spreadsheets, learning new programs, running errands.  I loved that my hours were flexible.  If I was a little late to work, I stayed a little later.  When I got pregnant I could go to my prenatal appointments during the day, which happened to be right across the bridge, and then just add on time that week to make up for it.  Plus I loved the person that I shared an office with.  God put me in a little "closet" with an amazing Christian women.  Kelle and I spent 8 hours a day talking and laughing together, while we worked.  To me it was a dream job.  I was still around all the medical stuff I loved but yet behind the scenes.

We weren't sure how we could cut out my income completely.  Jason knew and I agreed we couldn't go without.  I'd have to stay working after Abigail was born.  In talking to my boss we were able to work out me coming back only part time.  I took 3 months off after Abigail was born and during those months wondered how I could even go back part time.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

great start....
great cliff hanger...
waiting for part two