4.11.2011

Eight!


happy *eighth* birthday, abigail!

This year we did a little family gathering for Abigail at my mom's house, after church on Sunday.  My sister gave her Just Dance for the wii.  (This has been a huge hit, the girls love it!)  Abigail had been asking for a fish for her birthday, to which I said, "ask your grandma."  So, my mom and dad gave Abigail her very own pet.  Meet JB.


Isn't he beautiful!  Abigail just loves him.
Here's the note my mom put in Abigail's card:

Dear Abigail,
I hope you find as much enjoyment and pleasure from your fish aquarium as I did with mine.  In turn, you now have the responsibility of taking care of your fish and your tank.  You are sure to learn many lessons and become quite knowledgeable.  There is a whole world to learn about studying fish and all the many kinds and their habitat.  I pray you see God's handiwork ... on the 5th day of creation, God said, "Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures..." Gen 1:20
Once you learn to take care of your freshwater fish, we'll move up to a salt water tank! then we can really appreciate God's handiwork!

Love you!
Grandma T.

Sunday was a nice prelude to her real birthday.  Monday we celebrated Justin Bieber style.  That post is coming.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think JB is a great name for a great fish, I'm so glad that she got one! I can't wait to see what Ash might ask for come September :)
Happy Birthday Abigail.

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Abigail! EIGHT! WOW!

So sweet of your mom too! What a good grandma!

Justin Beiber - oh no.