9.21.2010

Before the Big Day

I thought I'd better get caught up on the {happenings} that have been going on around here.

Jason was gone last week for a few days, the girls missed him like crazy. Like CRAZY, CRAZY. I think Ash cried everyday for him. It was so sad but the reunion was adorable. It was cute to see them rush to hug him and then stay glued to him all evening. He also kept up with his tradition of bringing home a little something for the girls, this time it was zhu-zhu pets, Pinkie and Roxie.



On Saturday Abigail had her first soccer game, my dear friend Kelle stopped by to visit (oh how I miss seeing her 5 days a week) and we went and helped Kim celebrate her 30th birthday!

I've been busy collecting everything PINK for Ashy's birthday party tomorrow. I can't wait to put it all together.


At lunch today Ash told me she made a picture of Jason out her cheese. Is that hilarious or what!



Abigail's homework has officially started. She's reading 20 minutes a night, working on math packets and studying for spelling tests. She comes home many days and tells me she got a purple card, which is how the teacher spotlights the kids for doing well. I'm so proud of her, 2nd grade is off to a great start. It's nice to be back into the swing of school and I'm even enjoying the routine it brings.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Thanks for helping me celebrate!!
Love the pic of Jason...looks just like him! :)

Melissa said...

Yikes, I hope she doesn't decide to make my cheese portrait! What a nut. The boys are so excited to help her celebrate tomorrow and give her their gifts. It's been a great start to the year so far so I hope it continues for us both.

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

SO sweet your girls relationship with their daddy. What a special treasure!
And to be created out of cheese? Is there any greater compliment?!?!

Can't wait to see how the pink-a-licious party comes together ... I bet it will be wonderful!!

Happy Birthday Ash!!

andrea said...

Happy Anniversary!! And...Happy 5th bday Ash! Looking back on this day 9 and 5 years ago-so many good memories.

I had to laugh for a sec when you said Abigail has gotten all purple cards. Purple cards mean a warning was given in Maddy's class :) (yellow reflects a good day). Wait until you hear what Maddy came home and told me after school yesterday. Darn, I should have told you when I talked to you earlier. Oh my...second grade girls. Or should I say boys. I'll blog about it today or tomorrow. :0)