We went downstairs and she lead me to a pile of letters she wrote for me. The first one I read said this:
I found your
Love in God mom
You are a msen (amazing)
to see you shine mom
Love Abig
I was so uplifted by those words that I started to cry (and it probably was the ugly cry). I'm not sure she'll ever know how much those few little words mean to me, at least not until she has her own children. I hugged her tight and told her that's what I pray about. I am going to frame this little piece of paper and place it by bed to remind me of my #1 goal - to share the love of Jesus that I have with my girls and #2 to remind me - that I want others see His light shinning through me.
Ash woke up, both girls sat with me in the chair and we watched some TV together.
Abigail made me a bowl of grapenuts for breakfast.
I opened my cards from the girls and Jason and read how much they love me. I am so loved!
Ash was so sweet and said, 'yes, mom' all morning.
We went to church. My dad came and brought the kids, that filled my heart with joy.
This year I invited my mom and sister over for lunch. It was Cinco de Mayo a little late and all because I was craving this new dip recipe. Is it selfish to plan a meal around your latest craving?
Jason had to work.
As I finally sat down to eat, Melissa called to ask if I was missing a kid, which I wasn't, but in fact, I was. Ash had run over there after feeling left out from playing with Abigail and Michayla, so she went to find her own friends.
Ash ended up going upstairs, climbing in her bed and taking a nap ... all on her own. She told my mom she was tired.
The girls, Jake, and I walked to the school to play.
Baths and Minute to Win It.
Since Ash took a nap she was up way late. Thankfully, Jason got home and put Ash to bed for me and this tired momma was able to go fall into her bed.

I LOVE the pictures of my sister and the kids! Real smiles, happy laughs ... it was fun to watch them together and capture their silliness.
Happy Mother's Day!
2 comments:
Very sweet! I agree that Abigail's letter is so heart warming.
Did Jason have to work? What a bummer ... you actually had to be a mom on Mother's day :).
Happy Week!
So precious that little letter!
Looks like your day was a success and you almost had all your loved ones around you. We had some good laughs over here too, nothing like that feeling!
Post a Comment