5.14.2011

The Greatest Title in the World


 MOM
I love being a mom to these two beautiful girls.
They bring me so much joy and laughter.

When I picked Ashlynn up from school on Thursday all the kids walked out holding a Cheesecake Factory bag.  Ash handed it to me, I told her thank you and we headed home.  As we were walking I finally realized there was actually a piece of cheesecake in that there bag.  A piece all for me!  Ash said yes mom and I can't even have a bite, Miss Joy said so. 

Once we got home Ash went through the bag and handed me all my gifts.  A sweet card with a drawing of me on it, a cute little bird house and a chocolate piece of cheesecake. 

Abigail came home Friday and immediately walked up to her room and told me she was working on something and that I couldn't come in her room.  That girl is good at keeping a surprise, many times I asked her if I could have my present and she'd say it's not Mother's day yet.  I told her we didn't know the person who made up the rule, that it had to be the day to get the gift, and she could just go ahead and give it to me.  But she wasn't persuaded.  I had to wait until Mother's day.

Sunday morning the girls each gave me posters they had made and Abigail had the sweetest book made all about me.  On the last page you had to draw a picture of your mom and of course she drew me with braces, ha.

We enjoyed a nice service at church, I was happy my parents missed their service and joined us.  There's something special about sitting in church next to your mom and holding your two girls.  It brought back memories of all the many Sundays I sat their with my parents and Grandma Tuning when I was a kid.

After church we met up at my Grandma and Grandpa's house.  It was nice to celebrate Mother's day with her.

Thanks for a beautiful day, I'm so thankful for all the mom's in my life. 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Sweet post! Looks like the girls made your day so special! Love the birdhouse, drawings and cheesecake!

granmac said...

Sundays are a day I miss your Grandma Tuning. She was a special lady. Thanks for bring back memories for me!!! Aunt Margaret

Kelly said...

It was nice to see your parents on Sunday. You're a great mommy and I'm so very thankful we get to go through all this stuff together! :)