3.11.2011

A not so 'stay-at-home' mom day

I get very comfortable with my typical stay at home mom days.  But Thursday was not one of those, I felt like I was on the run all day.

Our first stop was to the Fire Station for the first part of Ash's field trip.

 The kids got to see the firehouse, look in the fire truck and ambulance and then pose for a picture in the driver seat of the fire truck.  They also practiced stop, drop and roll.

Next,we made a pit stop to moxie java, 
(a reward for being out of the house so early)
and then headed to the next part of the field trip, Krispy Kreme.
(This was actually our very first time there.)


Ash said this field trip was her favorite, she loved watching all those doughnuts go down the conveyor belt.
After a yummy doughnut and some chocolate milk, we headed out ... with a dozen doughnuts of our own to share.

Next, we met J at my parents house to do a switch-a-roo. 
I headed back to Kuna to volunteer in Abigail's class and J and Ash went out for lunch and ran a few errands.

I ended up getting done a little early at Abigail's school, ran home to grab a bite to eat, and then back again to pick up the kids.

What a day of running around 
but a nice change of pace for this stay at home mom.

No comments: