11.13.2010

A Sweet Heart

Yesterday morning as I walked Abigail out to go to school
she whispered in my ear, "mom, go look in the office."

I immediately headed there and found the sweetest note


I propped the white board up and looked at it through out my day.
I was touched and encouraged by her sweet words and felt so loved.
I wondered, is this how she feel when she gets a handwritten note from me in her lunch? I hope so.

Then after school, my sweet hearted girl came home and showed me the award she received during the school assembly.
She was awarded Most Compassionate Student - one who shows kindness to other students, even when it is difficult, without expecting acknowledge from others.

I love you Abigail - I know that the love you have for others is due to the love you have for Jesus.  Thank you for showing His love to those around you.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

A sweetheart indeed!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Oh gosh ... so sweet :).
When Ethan received that award last year (for compassion) I couldn't have been more proud. I thank God for his tender heart towards others. Such a reminder for us.
Way to shine your light Abigail!!

Princess Jessie Pants said...

That is SOO sweet!! Sounds like you're doing a great job Mama! :)

summer said...

Awe! I know she's probably taken w/all those boy "friends" you all have...but I'm praying for a Hawkin/Abigail wedding! :) She's such a sweet girl!

Kelly said...

She does have such a sweet heart & sensitive spirit! Love that girl!

andrea said...

Was just coming on here to bug you about not posting for a week and then I realized I never commented on this post. Oops! Abigail sure is a sweetheart. You have been blessed!

o.k....onto the harassing...you need to post something new. :)