11.10.2010

Daddy Daughter Time


Is there anything sweeter than a dad and his girls, holding hands and walking into Home Depot?
I don't think so.
Insert my overflowing love for J at this moment.
I've always said, "he's the perfect dad for girls."
Saturday was the Home Depot kids build day.
I know J has dreamt of this moment since the girls were little little.
I remember the times he'd take Abigail all by himself when she was a baby to shop at his favorite store and would come home telling me about all the comments he received.

Even though he'd thought about it and talked about doing this with the girls it just hadn't happened until one day this summer.  We had gone to HD one Saturday morning to quickly pick up some supplies that were needed for the VBS work day. J left me to wait for the paint while he and the girls looked around.  The paint was finished, I tried calling him, but he didn't answer (come to find out he'd left his phone in the car).  I searched up and down most the isles, even out in the garden/flower area.  Employees kept asking if they could help me and I finally said, "I'm just looking for my husband and kids."
That's when J walked up with the girls in their orange aprons and told me they'd been over in the lumber area building a Foosball table.

Ever since then it's become their special monthly daddy daughter time.

5 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

I love it! What sweet memories that are being stamped on your girls' hearts.
Matt used to take E when he was a baby/toddler and 'run errands' while I was at bible study on Saturday mornings. He would get SO much attention ;). He is still so great about taking E along, including him in projects and making sure mama has time to herself. Nothing makes my heart smile quite like that :).

Melissa said...

So precious and something the girls will always remember!

Kelly said...

As soon as I saw that first picture I had to laugh, remembering the VBS visit to the Depot. I love that they've made it their thing! Mike's been taking the boys to the Lowe's version. In fact they have one this Saturday :)
Great pictures too by the way!

andrea said...

Such sweet memories being made. I can't exactly say HD is either my favorite store or Jeff's but I have wanted to take our kids to one of these. I just always forget.

summer said...

This post reminds me of helping my dad with all his projects around the house.
What is this??? I want to do it!