7.26.2010

Family Reunion

This year we had the pleasure of taking Michayla with us on our annual trip to Sweet Home. Every year we go to the river and I think, the kids (clay and sis) sure would love it here. I'm so glad it worked out to have her come along.


When we pulled in on Friday, the cousin were so excited to see each other and immediately everyone was in their suits and headed down to the river. With Emily soon joining them, the kids walked even further up river than last year, they past the 'drops' and this year went to the 'bush'.

Saturday - was the luau, complete with an in-ground cooked pig and tiki bar.



Sunday - was family picture day


Monday - was a little field trip to Uncle Tim's work, he gave all the kids a fun ride around the block in his fire truck.




and then we all walked over to the tasty freeze for an ice cream cone, papa's treat.



Tuesday - the kids got their very first fort in the woods.
(these trees were just asking to be made into a little persons fort)



Wednesday - Krista took Amy and I to a junk yard. The sweetest old man owned it. I wish I had brought my camera so you could see just how much 'junk' he had, everything and anything you could imagine. We spent a few hours there walking around, digging through the piles.

Here's what I came home with
(the blanket was purchased at another little store in Sweet Home, I thought it'd make a cute picnic blanket)

Krista bought a few old windows, I can't wait to see how she uses them,
and Amy found some things for her 'farm house'.

Wednesday was also the day, of the first ride down the zip line! And then, many, many, many more rides followed.




Thursday - we finally canoed down the river. Tim, Krista and Jessie, Keith, Amy and Emily, & Jason, me, Michayla and Abigail went. We stopped and dropped off the girls at the bush and then picked up the little kids for a short canoe ride back to grandma and papa's bank. It worked out perfectly.

Of course the rest of Thursday was filled with more zip line rides and this time I had my fully charged camera out.


(here's Anna yelling, "can I get a count down!")



The fun never ended, we were busy from morning to night and we even had to stay an extra day to fit it all in.

We sure do love the river, thanks Dave and Mary for having us.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I think the name Sweet Home says it all. It looks like so much fun. I wish we could of seen a picture of you on the zipline! Sorry we weren't here to welcome you home!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

SO fun!!
I'm with Melissa, Sweet Home does say it all.
Did you know that Jessie lived in Albany when they first moved to OR? I think it's such a sweet little town.
Wonderful pictures and great memories for your family!

Happy Summer!

Anonymous said...

I have a video clip of Amanda on the zip line, perhaps I should post it on YouTube!

-Jason

me said...

J! That's not funny.

Kelly said...

Jason I can imagine the sound on that video! :)

Looks like such a great time Amanda! I love trips like that! You know I'm completely jealous of your junking trip too! :)

We need to talk soon! I feel like it's been FOREVER!