Tuesday, Abigail came home from school and started jump roping. She could only do 1 jump before the rope got caught on something and didn't make it back around. She of course was getting frustrated but didn't give up. She was outside practicing on and off all evening. Even after I made her come in she was practicing with a scarf in the house, since I told her no jump roping in the house. Funny that she thought if she used a scarf it wouldn't be considered jump roping.
Yesterday, she came home and started at it again. By the end of the day she was the jump rope queen. We had a family jump off. Jason's first attempt (with a kid jump rope) was 18, mine (with a bigger jump rope) was 31 and Abigail won with 34 jumps in a row. Of course Jason didn't like that turn out and did it again, this time beating us both. Abigail and I didn't challenge him, we let him win. ;o)
We also had Abigail's parent/teacher conference. She is doing very well. We are so proud of her. She meets expectations in all subjects and is outstanding in social development, this is probably the area I care most about ... she listens, is respectful, follows the rules and works hard.
Today is another early release and Friday we have no school. I'm looking foward to our 3 day weekend. I might, just might, be doing another themed day. We'll see!

5 comments:
Maddy was like that too when she first started jump roping. She would get so frustrated after a few jumps but she kept on practicing and is pretty good at it now :) Way to go Abigail!
Enjoy your extra few days off! We have 1/2 day tomorrow and then 3weeks off :P
Woo hoo Abigail! And Jason. :)
Yea for theme days! I've got a few planned out for track break already. Fun, fun!
Way to go! Hey missed you on WED...had to drink you mocah I brought you! :(
SIKE! remember that word?
anyway, come over sometime ok!
Great job Abigail!
Yay Abigail!!
Post a Comment